This category covers a wide array of topics and information about “Personal matters”, which can be personal collections, personal prayers, relationships, belongings, career, and most importantly is the personal emotion.
Do you feel down, confused, and sad?
Do you feel burned out from the stresses of your day-to-day life?
Are you finding it hard to stay motivated amid life’s challenges?
If you’re looking for a way to inspire and motivate yourself; if you’re looking for a way to turn your negative thoughts into good ones, why not use positive personal affirmations?
Not familiar with affirmations – and how they can help you personally? Keep reading!
What Are Positive Affirmations?
Positive affirmations are defined by the Psychology Dictionary as “brief phrases, repeated frequently, which are designed to encourage positive, happy feelings, thoughts, and attitudes”.
Essentially, they’re positive statements that challenge negative, unhelpful, or self-sabotaging thoughts. They hold no religious or spiritual meaning in the traditional sense and can be used for many purposes.
Some might say affirmations sound like “wishful thinking.” However, you can instead think of them as exercises for your mind. What you repeat to yourself over and over again can rewire your brain and becomes your reality. It just happens over time, bit by bit, the same way you build muscle when exercising physically.
Why and When to Use Positive Affirmations
So, why should you use positive affirmations – and when can you use them?
The answer is: It’s entirely up to YOU!
You can use affirmations whenever you want to make a positive change in your life. However, they are particularly helpful when you’re not at your best: when you need support and a boost in self-esteem, whether you’re facing high demands at work, facing excess stress, higher levels of insecurity, grief, or life setbacks.
But, that’s not the whole story. Positive affirmations are also useful when you ARE at your best and want to improve even more: exercise and meditate more, develop some good habits, notice more of the small daily joys, and appreciate the people around you more, be more productive, excel at work, etc. The list is endless!
Some of the benefits of positive personal affirmations are:
- Increase in self-confidence.
- Increase in positivity.
- Control of negative feelings such as anger, frustration, sadness, or impatience.
- Resilience to stress (which can lead to better health).
- Improved productivity.
- Increased ability to overcome a bad habit.
- Help in achieving goals.
What Positive Personal Affirmations Do NOT Do
Positive affirmations are NOT a ‘cure’ for anxiety or depression, nor are they a substitute for clinical treatment of those conditions. So, definitely seek the help of a professional, if that’s the case!
Second, positive affirmations don’t work without practice. You have to use them regularly to rewire your thoughts. Think of it this way: It isn’t enough to just own a pair of running shoes or even to read about running – it doesn’t replace actually going out and doing it.
Powerful Positive Personal Affirmations
Here is a selection of powerful positive affirmations that you can try for yourself.
- I love myself.
- I stick to a self-care routine.
- I only spend time with people who I enjoy.
- I am worthy of things that bring me joy.
- I deserve to take care of my mind and body.
- I am important.
- I choose to be positive.
- I cherish every part of my body.
- I take great care of my body and mind.
- I am enough.
- Everything I need is within me.
- I make time to care for myself.
- I let go of those who do not have my best interests at heart.
- I let go of my past and live in the present.
- I am growing each and every day.
- I forgive myself and learn from my mistakes.
- I can achieve anything I set my mind to.
- I overcome challenges with grace and ease.
- I have a warm and caring heart.
- I practice self-compassion when I do not succeed.
- I am exactly who I need to be at this moment.
- I send love to my fears and doubts.
- I love every part of what makes me who I am.
- My life is filled with love and joy.
- I have always and will always try my best.
- I have achieved great things.
- I respect myself.
- My life is a place of balance and harmony.
- The more I practice loving myself, the more lovable I become.
- I honor my own life path.
- I honor and respect my limitations.
- I have so much to love about myself.
- The only approval I need is my own.
- I am capable of loving fully and completely.
- I have a loving relationship with my body.
- I can choose self-love whenever I desire.
- I trust in my ability to make it through difficult times
- Loving myself means I am able to love others more.
- I choose to view my life positively.
- My body is my best friend.
- I choose to nourish my health.
- I am the healer of my own life.
- Today, I start loving myself more.
- Personal Development Positive Affirmations
- I accept myself.
- I believe in, trust, and have confidence in myself.
- I eat well, exercise regularly, and get plenty of rest to enjoy good health.
- I learn from my mistakes.
- I forgive myself for not being perfect because I know I’m human.
- I never give up.
- I am a unique and worthy person.
- I respect myself.
- I accept what I cannot change.
- I focus on the positive.
- I turn obstacles into learning opportunities.
- I have control over my thoughts, feelings, and choices.
- I stand up for my beliefs, values, and morals.
- I have a lot to offer.
- I am capable of reaching my goals.
- I commit to learning new things.
- I appreciate all the good things in my life
- I aspire to live a life that has meaning to me.
- Self-Love Positive Affirmations
- I am worthy of love, flaws, and all.
- I accept all of me with love.
- I deserve to be happy.
- No one is perfect.
- I believe in myself.
- I am enough.
- I am beautifully unique.
- I love who I am.
- I am not afraid of my feelings.
- I am right where I need to be.
- I can deal with whatever comes my way.
- I cherish my relationship with myself.
- I shine like a diamond.
- Like everyone, I have both strengths and weaknesses.
- I won’t apologize for being me.
- I have much to celebrate.
- I trust in myself.
- I am letting go of judgment and criticism.
- I am a gift to the world.
- I am capable of achieving my goals.
- I have a lot to offer.
- I embrace positive thoughts.
- Dating and Love Positive Affirmations
- I deserve love and affection.
- I know I will find the right person for me.
- I will be myself with whoever I’m with.
- I know what I will tolerate in a relationship and what I won’t.
- I am strong enough to wait for people who will respect and understand me.
- My dating mistakes do not define me.
- I know I don’t need someone else to feel complete. I am ok with being alone.
- My heart is open and ready to receive a new man/woman into my life.
- I am clear with my intentions and expectations in a relationship.
- I’m confident and comfortable in my own skin.
- I will find a man/woman who loves me for me and not just my appearance.
- I deserve to find a man/woman who treats me with respect.
- I am a good person and the right man/woman will see my value.
- I will not settle for less just because I feel lonely.
- I let go of any fears of rejection.
- I accept the fact that not everyone will like me and I’m ok with that.
- I understand I’ve been hurt in the past and I will not let that keep me from trusting others.
- There are good people out in the world that I can trust.
- I know I can trust you to bring the right person into my life.
- I know what I value in a relationship.
- Body Positive Affirmations
- I am beautiful.
- My body is a gift.
- My body does not determine my worth.
- Weight is just a number.
- I am at peace with my appearance.
- My body is my friend.
- I love my body for all that it does for me.
- I am strong and healthy.
- My body deserves love.
- There is more to life than worrying about what I look like.
- Hating my body won’t make me healthier.
- I look exactly the way I’m supposed to.
- I choose to stop obsessing about my body.
- My body does amazing things.
- I release the negative thoughts about my body.
- Confidence makes me powerful.
- I nourish my body every day.
- I am full of vitality.
- I release all shame about my body.
- I accept my body the way it is today.
- I will not let my mind be a bully to my body.
- Self-worth has nothing to do with clothing size.
- I deserve to feel good in my skin.
- Positive Affirmations for Success and Wealth
- I have what it takes to reach my goals.
- I am worthy of manifesting my biggest desires.
- I am open to money coming to me in new ways that I’ve never imagined.
- I handle success with grace.
- I am always attracting abundance.
- I am responsible for making smart decisions to drive success in my personal and professional life.
- I am blessed to have everything in my life to make it successful.
- I am the architect of my fate. I can achieve what I have dreamt for myself.
- There is a whole world of opportunities for me to see myself successful in my career.
- I have infinite potential to grow and improve.
- I am enjoying everything I have.
- I am committed to growing my bank balance.
- I welcome all the wealth life offers me.
- Positive Affirmations for Good Mental Health
- I am enough.
- I am not my diagnosis.
- My diagnosis will not define my life.
- I can challenge my negative thoughts with positive ones.
- I care for myself daily.
- I am allowed to have mental health struggles.
- I am in control of my emotions.
- It is okay for me to not feel okay.
- I am allowed to have bad days, even very bad days.
- I share my feelings with honesty and courage.
- I am worthy of love and happiness.
- My mental health challenges don’t define who I am.
- Better mental health is possible for me.
- I am not ashamed of having depression.
- I value my mental health as much as my physical health.
- How I feel matters.
- I am more than my trauma.
- There are people out there who will help me.
- I am mentally strong.
- My feelings are valid.
- My mental illness is only a small part of who I am.
- Reaching out for support shows strength.
- I accept that I have anxiety.
- My anxious thoughts do not define me.
- I have coping skills that help me with my anxiety.
- I am in control.
- There is more to me than anxiety.
- My anxiety will not control my life.
- Depression is not who I am.
- I trust that I can make strides in handling my anxiety.
- I live in the present.
- I trust in myself.
- I am not ashamed of having anxiety.
- Having anxious thoughts is only part of who I am.
- I have the final say in all of my emotions.
- Right now, I am peaceful.
- There are people out there who understand what I am going through.
- Every day, I become calmer, more positive, and more confident.
- I am strong enough to get through this crisis.
The Bottom Line
You might struggle to prioritize self-care each day, but these positive affirmations will help. Repeating them each morning (or whenever you need the reminder) will help you prioritize yourself more often throughout the day. Plus, they will encourage you to do what is best for yourself while setting up a self-care routine.
Remember: Taking care of yourself isn’t selfish. Use these positive personal affirmations to remind yourself of that!